Everyone can argue at what the greatest Christmas movie of all time is – from Home Alone, to a Christmas Story to the Santa Clause. But, being a millennial, I am going to have to strongly push that Elf is the greatest Christmas movie of all time.
Since 2003, Elf has been a popular household movie during the holidays – and every year you watch it AT LEAST once. Now that we’re older, I decided that I needed a way to spice up my childhood favorite movie. And what better way to do that than including wine?
This Christmas season, try our Wicked ELF Drinking Game to make things a little more fun! Having a holiday party? Try this to get everything going! Staying in from the cold? Make your night at home a little more festive. Its about to be LIT!
- Every time Buddy eats something with sugar, chug for 3 seconds
- Every time Buddy mentions “snuggling” take 5 sips of your drink
- When Buddy screams “Santa!” take a shot of your choice
- The famous “smiling is my favorite” scene – make sure you put a HUGE smile on your face – before chugging your drink for 5 seconds!
- Every time Buddy’s dad rolls his eyes/gets annoyed/uncomfortable around Buddy, take a shot
- Every time Buddy bursts into song – take a shot!
- Every time Buddy gives someone a hug, take 2 sips of your drink
- Every time Buddy adds syrup to something, take a sip of your drink
- At the end of the movie when everyone realizes Buddy was serious about the whole Santa/North Pole/Elf thing, take 2 shots!
We’ve already told you how to spike your hot chocolate – but now we have something for all of you eggnog lovers out there. There’s nothing like getting into the holiday spirit without eggnog – or booze for that matter! These recipes are so easy and require barely any ingredients. Cheers!
Eggnog & Bailey’s
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! The perfect combination – just add a shot (or two) of Bailey’s to your glass of eggnong. I like to add some cinnamon to the top of the mixture or the rim, and garnish with a cinnamon stick!
Eggnog & Red Wine
This may sound crazy to you – but its actually quite refreshing. Make it into a spritzer – pour a glass of red wine over ice, top with eggnog & club soda. Garnish with fruit slices. Almost an eggnog sangria, if you will. My favorite wine to do this with? Wicked Cab!
Eggnog & Your Favorite Light Beer
An adult version of a root beer float – and just as delicious! Pour your glass with beer about 3/4 of the way. Top the rest with eggnong. Enjoy!
Eggnog & Fireball
The cinnamon taste of fireball goes so well with egg nog – almost completely killing any taste of alcohol the whiskey contains. Just add 1-2 shots of fireball to a glass of eggnog. Garnish with cinnamon and drink up! OPTIONAL: Make this drink into a shot! Add 5 parts fireball, 5 parts eggnog into a shaker with ice. Pour evenly into 10 shot glasses for you and the whole party!
We hope these quick tips help you get through another holiday at your in-law’s. Merry Drinking!
Thanksgiving is finally over, which means it’s now socially acceptable to blast Christmas Music all day and consume unhealthy amounts of (spiked) eggnog.
And of course – unwinding after a long day of staring at the multiple engagement photos on your facebook feed with a glass of wine and a Christmas movie.
We know that you’re going to watch all of these this year anyway – but if you HAD to pick, what’s your favorite?
Need some help picking out which wine to drink with all of these movies? We have your Wicked Christmas movies & wine pairings here!
Your Favorite Christmas Movies & Wine Pairings